Weeeeeee! 100th blog post! Can’t believe I’ve actually been posting that long!
That (rather grainy) image above is a snap I took of our kitchen shelves. I bought those awesome letters at the new Typo shop at Canal Walk. Now I can remind myself to EAT! Yeah it’s not like I needed a reminder!
The shop is pretty cute looking, but what’s even better is that it’s filled to the brim with awesome stationery, crafty items, gifts and gadgets. I took at least half an hour to scan through everything to make sure I got all the best stuff – my boyfriend is both really awesome and really patient!
I left with my wallet feeling substantially lighter, but it was so worth it! I totally geeked out with some organizing goodies, like a business card file (!) and a handy notepad that I can keep right next to my laptop. I’m always jotting down tasks and reminders as I work, so this is super handy. I also got a cute pencil cup, two rolls of washi tape and some lovely twine. I’ve been meaning to order some washi tape from Etsy, so this saved me about half of what I would have spent on shipping. Awesome!
The business card file and washi tape in action. I’m really loving all these bits I’m getting together for my office space. It feels more and more like an official office space. Even though I can see my office from my bed – ha!
Also I advise everyone to have Mallow Mice for breakfast. It does wonders for your stress levels!
I can’t really have a weekend round up without showing my manicure. I went pink and aggressively sparkly with OPI Excuse Moi. I’ll admit it’s probably a little too glittery and twee for most, but I love it.
It was a Scrubs-a-thon at the Dalton-Walter residence. This is now our third (I think…) watch through. Yes, we are crazy like that. I <3 Turk & J.D. forever…
Finished off the weekend with date night at Taiwan City restaurant. They have an amazing (and affordable) hotpot special for two. I ended the weekend with a belly full of delicious dim sum, chicken hotpot and crispy pork. Hmmmm I want to go back there right now!
Every Monday I tally up the latest stats on my Pinterest. Follow my pins here.
Don’t recall wether I actually blogged about my new-ish banner… you can get one just like it here!
- Why I’m Unemployable, by Susannah Breslin, is a really great essay on not fitting in, in a conventional workplace – and how that’s totally ok.
- Jessica Hische’s engagement website, Jess & Russ, is so unbelievably awesome. Love the colour palette and the unique illustrations contributed by artists and friends.
- 100 Greatest Free Fonts, a great round-up of free fonts. I haven’t even made it all the way through the list! Found via the always awesome Nubby Twiglet.
- J.K. Rowling is No Longer a Billionaire, and you’ll love the reason why. God, I love this gal!
- Tydepool is a superbly curated collection of ‘remarkable creatures’ from Amazon and Etsy. I’m keeping this one tucked away in my bookmarks bar until I’m flush with cash!
- Who Made That Soy-Sauce Dispenser? Loved learning a little more about Kenji Ekuan.
- Is Facebook Making Us Lonely? I vote yes! I also think it’s reducing peoples’ ability to maintain real friendships. Perhaps I am just old fashioned?!