Every Monday I tally up the latest stats on my Pinterest. Follow my pins here.
Just wanted to share this light, pretty bit of folksy goodness to kick off your Monday. Most South Africans seem to be on holiday today, so this is the perfect song for a relaxing day. Take it away Lumineers…
(Via sho & tell)
Had a veeeeery homebound weekend. My dearest has a pretty nasty cold, so I had to stay home to tend to his every need and all that jazz. I kept my hands busy by focussing on my… hands. Both are a variation on plain nails with a small sprinkling of glitter. First up I used Essie Big Spender with an extra layer of OPI Excuse Moi on the accent nail. Then I switched it up with Essence Cookies & Cream with two layers of OPI Rainbow Connection on the accent nail. I really never imagined I would ever wear nude polish, but I have to say… I like it! It definitely does give an elongated look to my fingers.
Managed to make it to Canal Walk. Happened across a 50% off sale at Jay Jays, so I scooped up as many of these bodycon skirts as I could. I showed Jason that leatherette version and his response was simply “Scary.” Ah boyfriends and fashion. Ne’er the twain shall meet.
Last night I indulged in some late night baking. Its what happens when I crave a treat and all the shops nearby are closed! I found this great recipe for Lemon Cardamom cake. Sweet mercy, it was good. The lemon glaze icing is so tart and perfect… The perfect sweet ending to my weekend.
Hope y’all had a great weekend too!
My favourites this week | Image by Acid Cow
- I have a bizarre fascination with rare vintage images of celebrities.
- Maybe sometime soon I’ll get over my fear of making meringues and attempt these mushroom shaped meringues? Beyond the cute, friends.
- Amazing hand-painted dining room walls. Filing this under To do (when I finally own my own place). I would totally consider doing this now in my rental, if 1. we didn’t have stippled walls, and 2. the next tenant would probably turn out to have totally different taste and paint right over it.
- Citymob seems dodgy in their recruitment/pyramid scheme based business, but guys I can’t resist a 29% off deal on Skermunkil jewelry! I’m only human.
- This slick little desk can feel free to slip it’s way into my furniture collection.
- Been falling prey to a little late night baking, and this Spiced Lemon cake was the accomplice. This recipe seems pretty bullet-proof.
- The days are few and far between that I genuinely get sucked into a blog to the extent that I look up and easily an hour has passed. Thanks Elephantine, you are that blog this weekend.
- Friends, I got sucked into an internet wormhole for a quick second there. I spent the whole morning dutifully reading each and every Dawson’s Creek recap by Elizabeth Sankey. I haven’t laughed this maniacally in some time.
“In other words, it was a struggle with himself. And the product of that struggle: anger, bitterness, resentment, envy or transformation, aspiration, hope, decency… the product of that struggle is the quality of your life and the nature of your soul.”
- Emma Forrest ‘Your Voice in My Head’
(Buy Your Voice in My Head)
- ‹ Next
- Previous ›